Welcome to our Positive Coaching page for coaches, parents and athletes.
In our effort to promote Human Development in our soccer club, we are partnering with the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) to help us.
Below you will find links to PCA content that will help us all as we focus our efforts on teaching life lessons through youth sports.
You’ll also find real life videos of sportsmanship in action. The videos tell the stories of athletes and coaches who honored the game and respected their opponent. In many cases, they just did the right thing at the right time.
Please share these videos with your players and children. They serve as positive examples of good behavior in sports.
Introducing Positive Coaching Alliance :
- Respect for Opponents, Officials, Teammates and Self (R.O.O.T.S.): Honoring the Game
- Learn about the importance of positive feedback and encouragement: Emotional Tanks
- Effort, Learning and overcoming Mistakes (E.L.M.): E.L.M. Tree of Mastery
- Free videos with insights from experienced coaches, players and experts: Free Videos
- Learn what it means to become a Triple-Impact Competitor: Tools for Athletes
- Find out to what extent you are a Triple-Impact Competitor: Triple-Impact Competitor Self Assessment
- Learn how a mistake ritual can help you get ready for the next play: Developing a Mistake Ritual
- Use your status and influence to make your school a better place: Making Your School Community Better
- Use these tools to help children become better athletes and better people: Tools for Parents
- A form outlining a parent's role as a 2nd Goal Parent: The Parent Pledge
- Suggestions for engaging your child in a conversation about sport: Empowering Conversations with your Child
- How to help define and maintain our desired youth sports culture: The Role of Culture Keeper
High School Basketball Team Honors their Opponent : 2012 National Sportsmanship Awards - Lee Gibson and Colorado Academy
Softball player belts her first-ever homerun, then tragedy strikes: A Homerun No One Will Ever Forget
High school basketball player helps an opponent in an unforgettable way: Disabled Basketball Player is Given Help by Opposing Player to Score a Shot
Danville, CA school's parents' helps their opponent after losing heart breaking game: Monte Vista High (Danville, CA) Loses Big Game, Wins in Life
High School track athlete's act of selfless sportsmanship: Winning by Finishing Last: Meghan Vogel Story
High School Basketball team's gesture reverberates around the country: High School Team Honors Their Opponent During Game
Soccer coach convinces referees to disallow his own team's goal in playoff: Never a Wrong Time To Do The Right Thing
Soccer player does the right thing twice, despite referee's actions: One Play - Two Examples of Sportsmanship in Soccer